July 15, 2014

Shhhh... I'm letting you in on a light bladder leakage tip!

Many thanks to Poise for sponsoring today's story, and keeping me confident!

When I gave birth to my first child, she was five weeks early and I went into labor shortly after my water broke in the store parking lot. During our childbirth instruction, we were warned that we should drop a jar of pickles if our water broke so nobody would think we pee'd our pants. Nearly 20 years later, the fear of light bladder incontinence continues to plague women everywhere. Age really has nothing to do with it. When women give birth, a lot of things never completely go back to normal. Let's face it, you don't even have to give birth to experience moments of light incontinence.

Who can forget the line from the movie Pretty Woman, where Edward quickly covers up for Vivian's comment?
Old Lady at Opera: “Did you like the opera, dear?”Vivian: “It was so good, I almost pee'd my pants!”Edward: “She said she liked it better than Pirates of Penzance.”
We all know what it's like, if we're being honest. We know that there are certain times we will be together with good friends and get to laughing so hard we pee our pants a little. Instead of BYOB for such get togethers, I think we should think about BYOP. P for Poise. Protection. Personal Dignity. Privacy.

When I first thought about doing this campaign, my initial reaction was befuddlement... what could I possibly know about incontinence? Turns out quite a bit. I'm in my late forties, and while I may not be thinking about bladder control, but I wasn't thinking about weight loss, grey hairs, or bifocals, either.

I'm not going to deny it, there are times a sneeze or fit of laughter causes me to lose my control a little. Let's be realistic. Nobody wants to sit around soggy or stay home from events when there is a perfectly Poise'd solution. And with a personal introduction to SAM, their Super Absorbent Material, we have the confidence and comfort in social situations without worrying about laughter, sneezing, or not knowing where the nearest bathroom is.

You just never know when the years are going to attempt to steal the things you think you can control, but don't let age rob your future. Hang out with SAM and Poise and you'll be ready for anything.

If you are interested in meeting SAM for free, and learning what it's like to have Poise, simply follow the links in this story. 

1 comment:

  1. It is sad that we are still shamed into not talking about our bodies and what we are going through as we age. If we don't talk we cannot find solutions to situations that are embarrassing at times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining the conversation! Your input is always valued.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...